Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warp animation does not show any animation, nor any warped geometry

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
timotheusruf
958 Views, 11 Replies

warp animation does not show any animation, nor any warped geometry

hi

i am using synergy 2014 with XP64bit.

when displaying a warp result with a deflection of f.e. 5, the result is shown correctly.

when i am starting to play the animation, the deflected model jumps back to a "unwarped" model with a scale factor of zero. the animation is running as indicated by the changing scale factor. but the model stays undeflected and doesnt move at all. when stopping the animation it stays undeflected.

it jumps back to scaled deflection when i am switching the warp result off and on again

i asked support but they cant reproduce this bug. (they dont have windows xp though)

has anyone the same problem?

any thougths?

regards

timotheus

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

I have checked my install of Insight 2014 and warpage animation works the way I would expect so.

Do you mean that the result shows the warped shape overlayed with  the "undeformed model"? You can switch it of by a chackbox on the result's property:

DeflectionDialog.JPG

Message 3 of 12

no.

plz read my first post.

i have attached a picture of the warped geometry, and a gif of the animation.

Message 4 of 12

I cannot reproduce it on my version of 2014 Insight.

What version of Insight do you use? Sorry, for been not much of a help, I am mostly a solver guy.

Message 5 of 12

hi

thanks for trying though! 🙂

as i said, i told support already and they can not reproduce either. (they use windows 7)

but fact ist, that i have the problem. i installed new drivers for the graphic card but nothing changed.

@alex  do you have windows xp as well?

my installation:

install.jpg

Message 6 of 12
MikeHoyt1335
in reply to: timotheusruf

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  We are experiencing the same issue.

Message 7 of 12

Hello Thimoteus,

we did tested on XP64 and couldn't reproduce your issue.

working on finding what could cause this issue, and to reproduce it.

Support didn't give up.

Regards

Yannick

Message 8 of 12
MikeHoyt1335

Ok .... I reset the animation display from the default of "accumulate" to  "current frame only" ... and it started working .

This is with 2014 SP1 ,,,, NVIDIA graphics card. 

Message 9 of 12
timotheusruf
in reply to: MikeHoyt1335

Hi Mr. Hoyt

when i change to current frame only, the animation is working. but of course as the setting "current frame only" indicates it does not show the whole range of the frames.

i have attached a exampel.

is it the same on your system, mr hoyt?

regards

timotheus

Message 10 of 12
MikeHoyt1335

Wanted to follow up on this issue  ... had mouse issues with monitors being "flipped" , IE one was in negative space in relation to prime monitor 0,0,0.

Had mouse issues with this, fixed it and the "warp" graphics now all work fine as well.

Message 11 of 12
timotheusruf

Hi Mr. Hoyt

what exactly did you fix and how?

regards

timotheus

Message 12 of 12
MikeHoyt1335

I reset the prime monitor so it is on the left , with the windows "start" icon on the lower left.
As weird as this sounds , it worked and was also confirmed by Autodesk help desk as an issue.

The CAD program ( on a two monitor set up , which is what I use ) needs to be in positive space , or the mouse and some graphics are unstable.

Make sure your system ID's the monitors correctly ( IE #1 as the prime monitor ) in the graphics control (all of them )

MIKE HOYT
CAE/CAD Designer

1250 S Beechtree St
Grand Haven, MI 49417
direct 616-847-7317
fax 616-850-1250
hoytm@ghsp.com
www.ghsp.com

[GHSP]

A JSJ Business

[cid:image006.png@01CE82C4.ECFFC8B0]Before printing this e-mail think if it is necessary.
Think Green, Save a Tree!

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report