On occasion, it is necessary for Moldflow to change the geometry of the part to create a mesh in some regions. Typically, changing the Global Edge Length to a smaller value can help improve how accurately the mesh reflects the true part, and in turn, improve the aspect ratio (depending on the geometry). However, using a smaller Global Edge Length can cause your analyses to take much longer to complete since the smaller edge lengths are throughout the entire part. For this reason, it is possible to change Local Edge Lengths, so only certain regions of a part (ie. the critical regions) are changed.
I've listed the steps to do this below:
1. Import the CAD model to Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight.
2. Change your selection mode to CAD Face (Home > Mesh > Selection > change CAD Body to CAD Face).
3. Change the Mesh Density (Home > Mesh > Mesh Density).
4. Select the features/faces you want to change the density on the model.
5. You can specify if you want the entire region you selected changed or if you only want specific curves/features of the part by selecting them in the Define Mesh Density dialog box.
6. Once selected, deselect the checkbox "Use Global Edge Length".
7. You can now specify the local edge lengths or the number of divisions you would like for the specified regions.
8. The next step would be to mesh the entire part (as you normally would).
If you have already created the mesh and are still experiencing structural changes, you may have to go in and adjust the Nodes manually to achieve the desired geometry (use tools in the Mesh Repair menu).
Hope this helps!
This email may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use of the specific individual(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this email or the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender at Infotech and delete the original message.