Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fill time

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
prabu27
490 Views, 2 Replies

fill time

hello ,

i have some doub't about fill time, i am using Tritan ex401 material ,actually i given input  2 sec for fill time but the result i got is 4 sec. if i give 1 sec the result is 2 sec, if i give any value the result is almost double... i don't know why it is coming like this?

please anyone explain ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HugoHerrera7042
in reply to: prabu27

Hi Prabu,

first thought that comes to my mind, is that your melt front is having some flow restrictions in the cavity.

Check if there are some thin sections that may create heavy flow hesitation effects in your part. (assuming, the number of gates are the optimal ones; that they are strategically located; that you are using material's recommended temperatures; that your mesh is acceptable, etc.)

Good luck!

Hugo Herrera

Message 3 of 3
prabu27
in reply to: HugoHerrera7042

Hi Hugo Herrera...
this part having very simple geometry .there is no flow restriction but tube like geometry....
my doubt is whether that material property like that or the geometry[cid:image001.png@01CEBE8F.959F02F0]

DISCLAIMER:

This email may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use of the specific individual(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this email or the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender at Infotech and delete the original message.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report