Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comparison of molflow

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
flowmen
466 Views, 3 Replies

comparison of molflow

hi members

i am recently using moldflow insight previsiously i am using moldex

so anyone know any comparison between and other flow analysis software

regards

flowmen
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
WarpGuru
in reply to: flowmen

I am sure everyone is asking the same question. Actually, if you have a bit of time and can still use both programs. You should post some of your observations.
Message 3 of 4
svennelin5284

Hi

I have used them both. I can not tell any objective differences when it comes to analyzing models.
But Moldex has in my opinion more options in pre-processing. You can very easy change the geometry, create all kinds of runners by your self in 3D instead of bothering the next guy (the designer) or to be skilled and in charge of an expensive CAD-software.

Regards

Sven Edited by: svennelin5284 on Aug 24, 2009 2:01 PM
Message 4 of 4
HugoHerrera7042

well from what I have seen, the results for fill (filling pattern, peak pressure, clamp force, air trap and weld line locations, are accurate and fairly similar to MoldFlow’s.

But when you go to Cooling and Warpage predictions most of the times it is significant different, which means in temperature variations of more than 30-40F on the mold hot spots…and ~3-5mm variations on the most warped zones.

Of course you would have to consider the type of mesh you are dealing with, which in my case has to be level 2, for computer capability reasons. In order to have a LEVEL 5, which is the most recommended one for automotive parts, then I will have to have a signficant more expensive computer. However, with a level 5 mesh, I still saw a similar warpage variation between the two softwares.

hope it helps a bit...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report