Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

co injection molding

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
prabu27
471 Views, 4 Replies

co injection molding

hello everyone,

newly i am going todo analysys for 2 colour mold ( co injection mold). anyone help me to wher i can get this information and procedure?. because this is my first project about co injection mold...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nordhb
in reply to: prabu27

Hi,
I suggest you start with Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight 2014 Help:
You can get quite some information from:
ASMI Help >  User's Guide > Molding processes > Co-injection and Bi-injection molding processes

ASMI Help >  User's Guide > Molding processes > Co-injection and Bi-injection molding processes >
> Co-injection analysis > Co-injection molding overview

In Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight 2014 Co-injection and Bi-injection can be simulated.
Co-injection involves the injection of two different materials using the same injection location.
Bi-injection is the injection of two different materials at separate injection locations, with independent process controls.

Hope this helps as a starting point for you.
Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 5
prabu27
in reply to: nordhb

HELLO,
sorry i am actually doing two shot injection molding not a co injection molding ,
for that i found the procedure , now i want to know for two shot injection molding 3D meshing is mandatory or not?

DISCLAIMER:

This email may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use of the specific individual(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this email or the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender at Infotech and delete the original message.
Message 4 of 5
nordhb
in reply to: prabu27

Hi,

you can do following for all mesh types of Midplane, Dual Domain and 3D:

Fill + Pack + Overmolding Fill + Overmolding Pack.

For 3D mesh type also:

Fill + Pack + Overmolding Fill + Overmolding Pack +Warp.

The Overmolding analysis consists of a 2-step process where a normal Fill+Pack analysis is performed on the first cavity (first component stage),
which is then followed by a Fill+Pack analysis on the overmolding cavity (overmolding stage).
The consecutive overmolding stage on the second cavity uses a different material from the first analysis,
and the first component temperatures are used as the initial temperatures.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 5 of 5
prabu27
in reply to: nordhb

thank you Berndt

DISCLAIMER:

This email may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use of the specific individual(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this email or the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender at Infotech and delete the original message.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report