Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can Moldlfow analysis tiger stripes?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1537 Views, 8 Replies

can Moldlfow analysis tiger stripes?

Can Moldlfow analysis tiger stripes? The Moldflow customer analysis tiger stripes by MPI in 2007. Pls see below fig.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think there is "tiger stripes" item in MPI results. I think this result might be customized by user. Using the function "new calculated plot" Edited by: paulwang416 on Sep 24, 2009 10:23 AM
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

G'day ywdmf (name?),

I would be very interested in knowing where the figure came from and if you know who generated it. If it is a calculation based on molding output results that can be made, I would be interested in knowing the theoretical basis for it. Tiger stripes are an interesting phenomena that I have seen only one good explanation of how and why they occur. That was from a gentleman from DSM years ago I beleive.

Please let us know if you find out more about the origin of the plot you showed.

Thanks,
Bob Sherman, RTP Company
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

I would be interested as well in how the plot is generated and if anybody has done any corelation to actual molded parts. Predicating tiger stripping would be a very good tool to have.

Thanks
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I am too interested to know more, please kindly share.. thank you!
Message 6 of 9
Jay.Shoemaker

Good Day,

Looking at the picture of the Tiger stripes, it looks like an API script was used to create it. The "Indp Variable" is a typical term used when creating API scripts. The results look elemental. I would guess it is some manipulation of the fill time and average velocity plots.

Regards,
Jay Shoemaker
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks much!
The result cames from Borealis! I don't know who did it yet.

ywdmf
Message 8 of 9
Jake

I would be interesting in viewing the script if you have it. We do have some parts here we could corelate the script with.
Message 9 of 9
rmathan

Dear Bob Sherman,

I am interested to know why this happens?

What are all the ways to control the tiger stripes lines.

We are facing issues in our current Bumper part. in that untextured area have no tiger stripe lines. But textured area have this issue.

Could you guide me to overcome the issue?

Regards,

Mathan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report