Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a Verification!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
edguy2112
401 Views, 2 Replies

a Verification!

Hi!, 

Some time ago in this forum i do the following question:

In my version of MFI (Educational), a can do the analysis for GAIM in Fill-Pack-Warp. Is the limit in this version. My question is, ¿although i can´t do Cool Analysis, the cool channel are considered in the rest of analysis? I ask because when a run the analysis Fill, Fill-Pack or FIll-Pack-Warp, the cool channel inlets turn yellow.

and the answer was:

the currently available analysis sequences for GAIM of mesh type 3D are: Fill or Fill+Pack or Fill+Pack+Warp.
The 3D GAIM analysis will use the set Mold Temperature in process settings.
The cooling circuits will be ignored, as Cool not available in analysis sequence.

In GAIM and mesh type Midplane, Cool analysis is available in analysis sequence.

well my new question is:

this is a limitation of  the Educational version? in a full version, or another,  it´s possible consider the cooling channels in the analysis? and run Cool analysis?

very grateful to you!

Mata 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
raalteh
in reply to: edguy2112

Hi,

The educational version of Moldlow has the same capabilities as the commercial version. The limitation limitation you pointed out regarding Gas Assisted Injection molding with respects to Cooling is also there in the commercial product.

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Message 3 of 3
edguy2112
in reply to: raalteh

thank you very much -- Oscar Mata

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report