Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warpage Result comparision

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
prabu27
579 Views, 4 Replies

Warpage Result comparision

hello everyone,

i have done the same analyis with dual domain and 3D meshing but there is a huge variation in warpage results .  i want to know which is correct. My part is thin walled part , once i give less injection time with Dual domain mesh part is filled 100%  For the same part  if i increase the injection time  part is not filled 100% but warpage getting reduced..

i have done the same analysis with 3D meshing the part is 100% filled  with higher injection time also .but there is huge variation in warpage results dual domain and 3D .. then can i go for which meshing?  dual domain or 3D?

which result is correct?

because our customer want to control the warpage in Z dirction within 0.2mm .  but in dual domain meshing we are not able  reach 0.2mm,

but 3D meshing we are easily reaching 0.16mm ...

i am not sure whichone is correct ?

but now i am not able to answer my customer

please anyone reply me .. here i have attached the comparision

Prabu.K

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
prabu27
in reply to: prabu27

Picture3.jpg

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
phammer

Ok many questions.

1. What warpage quality is your material? gold silver or bronze?

2. The material. is it amorph or semi kristalline?

3. do you have cooling lines in your simulation?

4. How big is match mesh in DD?

Please answer.

Second. For thin walled parts sometimes it could be that DD is more precise than 3D because you could have more layers in DD. But if your part have a more complex structure you should use 3D. 

If you use DD is your match mach ok, more than 90%. otherwise use 3D.  if you can use DD it would be best you have a material with CRIMS data. 

more later. 

Greeting Philipp

Message 4 of 5
prabu27

hi Philipp, 1. The warpage quality is Gold 2. material is semi crystalline 3. No cooling lines in that part 4. The mesh match % in DD mesh is 72.4% and reciprocal % is 66.7% also the material name is Durethan DP BKV 60 H2.0 EF with 60% glass filled with CRIMS data. the part have some complex areas near the hesitation happening areas. Thank you for your reply Prabu.K
Message 5 of 5
HugoHerrera7042

Hi,

mesh match ratios are very poor for DD analysis...try reducing the edge length of your model and re-mesh again, this time with the goal of reaching a 90% ratio (at least 85%). if this is not possible, I will go with the 3D model.

Also, if the part has a lot of thickness variations and attachments, keep in mind that if it does not follow at least a 4:1 width to thickness ratio in local areas, it is recommended to go with 3D mesh.

Good luck!

Hugo H.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report