Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volumetric shrinkage

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
psofiagida
505 Views, 2 Replies

Volumetric shrinkage

Hi all,

i am using Moldflow Insight 2012. I was checking the volumetric shrinkage result. My initial melt temperature was 250 C. Shrinkage observed was 1.9-2%. However, when i decreased the Tmelt down to 230 and 220 C, no change on volumetric shrinkage was observed. I was expecting for it to drop. The results i acquired were exactly the same.

Is there sth faulty with the version or i am doing sth wrong in the process settings dialog ?

(I am running only a Fill+Pack analysis, with NO cooling channels involved. Part geometry: Center-gated disk).

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Paul.Larter
in reply to: psofiagida

Hello,

When you modify the values in process settings and click Finish to close the dialog. Are you being asked to Delete, Create copy or Cancel?

If you do not see this then you could mean the second analysis has not picked up on your changes.

Look at yout analysis logs to make sure of the process settings used.

Regards

Paul

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Paul Larter
Message 3 of 3
psofiagida
in reply to: Paul.Larter

yes it asks me to delete and the analysis again. even in the logs, Tmelt = 230 C. However, shrinkage is more or less the same. Maybe the constant packing profile i am using is the reason.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report