Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tooling graphics not inline with dimensions

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mark.e.bessac
657 Views, 6 Replies

Tooling graphics not inline with dimensions

Wondering if anyone knows "why" when you set a beam size it shows much larger when the results are plotted. I know my customers will ask why the gates appear to be so large in the results.

Please see the attached pictures.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
toofewfish
in reply to: mark.e.bessac

This has been reported as a bug thru support, but yet to see a fix.. Very annoying to explain to your customers time after time.

Message 3 of 7
tim.vanast

but the results are correct for the size you specified, not the large size that is seen in the output plots.

Message 4 of 7
PascalGosset
in reply to: tim.vanast

To Tim : it's false !

The results correspond to the gate section seen by Moldflow (a square) not the one you drawned (rectangular).

If you want to simulate a fan gate, modelize it using dual domain mesh and not beams.

Signature: "Maybe Moldflow does not work properly, but the real world neither" my son...6 years old 😉

Message 5 of 7
tim.vanast
in reply to: PascalGosset

Interesting, I was told by MF support that it calculates correctly.  I'll have to run a case study to see.

Thanks,

Tim

Message 6 of 7
toofewfish

It's only a display issue. I've ran many, many analysis over the last year and half with this visual issue. The assigned properties are used for calulations, not the visual size... otherwise the results would be completely screwed up...

Message 7 of 7
PascalGosset
in reply to: toofewfish

Sorry, I'm maybee wrong.

I tried to find an example and it doesn't work as I thought.

Signature: "Maybe Moldflow does not work properly, but the real world neither" my son...6 years old 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report