Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synergy + Insight Clarity !!!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ajay.s
2366 Views, 4 Replies

Synergy + Insight Clarity !!!

Dear Plastic Experts,

Pls help me in following queries,

1. Synergy 2014 is known as Design Study environment/GUI ?

2. Insight 2014 is called as Solver ?

3. Can I install any number of Synergy & Solvers ? eg: 2 solvers/insight with 1 DSE/Synergy ? Which is recommended pls?

4. Can I install Synergy in my laptop & Insight in company server ?

5. Using case(4) as scenario, if 3 of us send jobs for solving in company using Synergy to 1 solver in server---- will it execute simulataneously (or) Queued ?

Plz support this at earliest and this 1 would clear doubts for many others as well...

Thanks-in-advance

Kind Regards,

Ajay.S

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
caitlin.tschappat
in reply to: ajay.s

Hello,

Please see the answers to your questions in red.

1. Synergy 2014 is known as Design Study environment/GUI ?
"Synergy" is the Moldflow UI and "Design Study Environment" is the CFD UI.  CFD is split into two parts like Insight is.

2. Insight 2014 is called as Solver ?
You are correct, the Solver for Moldflow is Insight

3. Can I install any number of Synergy & Solvers ? eg: 2 solvers/insight with 1 DSE/Synergy ? Which is recommended pls?
This depends on what you are trying to do.  One Synergy license and one Insight license only allows three analysis to be run simultaneously.  However, you can have as many study files open within Synergy at a time (and any number of Synergy Windows if using 2014), so long as your hardware allows for this.  Multiple Synergy licenses are necessary when there will be more than one user.

4. Can I install Synergy in my laptop & Insight in company server ?
This is also correct, you do not have to install the UI and solvers on the same machine regardless of the OS being used.

5. Using case(4) as scenario, if 3 of us send jobs for solving in company using Synergy to 1 solver in server---- will it execute simulataneously (or) Queued ?
With one Solver license, you will be able to run up to three analysis simultaneously.  In this type of instance, it is common to submit your jobs to a batch queue on that job server and set it up to run only three jobs at a time to maximize usage.  This allows for the jobs to basically wait in line to be solved rather than sitting there and waiting for one job to be finished.

Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Caitlin Tschappat

Message 3 of 5
ajay.s
in reply to: caitlin.tschappat

Dear Caitlin,

Many Thanks for your Support.

Fine Clarity on your response !

Kind Regards,

Ajay.S

Message 4 of 5
ravi
in reply to: ajay.s

Hi

Can somebody clarify the following points as I cannot find such official info from Autodesk anywhere.

- One solver (Insight) license can maximum support 3 synergy licenses (i.e  allow 3 clients to use each one Synergy license simultaneously)

- Each synergy client can then open 3 Moldflow instances (i.e 3 times launch Moldflow) and run(solve) 3 analysis same time thereby

- Combining above two points means that - One solver can allow 9 solving instances at the same time.(queueing is Ok, but will allow or not is the

fact to be clarified)

Appreciate if anybody can quickly reply.

with thanks,

Singaram Ravi

Message 5 of 5
nordhb
in reply to: ravi

Hi,

• Synergy (UI) license is uncoupled from Insight (solver) license.
  • One Insight (solver) license support 3 instances of solver, meaning running 3 analysis at the same time.
    ( For one Insight (solver) license support 3 instances of solver, 3 analysis can be shared amongst 3 different users on 3 different machines.)
  • If you have 3 Synergy (UI) licenses, and one Insight (solver) license, running 3 analysis at the same time is the limit.
  • To run 9 analysis at the same time, you need 3 Insight (solver) licenses each having 3 instances (3x3)
  • Number of Insight (solver) licenses set the limit of analysis to run simultaneously.
  • Each Synergy (UI) can submit many jobs to job queue, but still: if having one Insight (solver) license, 3 analysis at the same time is the limit.
    So you can have many Synergy (UI) for model pre- and postprocessing, but number of simulation jobs to run simultaneously is controlled by number of Insight (solver) licenses x3.

Hope this clarifies.
    Regards,
    Berndt

Berndt Nordh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report