Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some question about Navier-Stokes, API and mesh

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Mouky
489 Views, 0 Replies

Some question about Navier-Stokes, API and mesh

Dear All,

I envisage to optimize the viscosity model of reactive (any of two) with experimental pressure measure. The viscosity and pressure are linking with the Navier-Stokes equation: what is the formal writing of this equation for a non-Newtonian fluid in Moldflow (the documentation does not mention it and I have found different expression in literature)? Does any approximation used (numerical or physical likes the Stokes hypothesis)?

I have written a script to extract data for different strategically nodes. How can I get the aEntIDs of a node without any expensive-time looping of the all area of a given filling time? The primitive GetEntityID seems not work properly, for example with the node "N2012 " (string) it gives the integer 2012 and not the real aEntIDs (0 if it corresponds with the injection node like I have observe, could you confirm this point?).

Is it possible to export each terms of the extension rate and shear rate tensors? Does exist a specific DsId? 1900 and 1584 correspond respectively with an equivalent scalar of extension rate and shear rate. At this time I export Patran data file and I unify in a common file to keep only strategically nodes. It needs space to store intermediate data and it is not really fast…

I work also with Scilab. The graph below show a test-tube (eprouvette in french). I have meshed with a huge density. The color bullets are node where I wish study the Navier-Stokes equation in the x direction and less distance (1 mm max) of y and z plane symmetry. For each node, I extract pressure, temperature, conversion ... and terms of the Navier-Stokes equation (after I evaluated the space derivative of speed, strain rate…). This injection point are located in x=0, y=0 and z=25 (It is the only node that I have add manually). Why there is a sparse area near the injection node (x=25 to 17 mm)? In the best case, I should add manually some points in x=0, y=0 and z=24.9, 24.8, 24.7... but I'm to lazy !

Maillage.gif

PS: I work with the version 2010 and English is not my native language.

Thank you!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report