Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shrinkage Properties

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
karelkalip
920 Views, 3 Replies

Shrinkage Properties

Hello,

I was researching warpage results in 3D analysis but i could not find any information about shrinkage values.

Then i checked material details=>Shrinkage properties . No value has been written.

Does it means warpage analysis have been made without shrinkage ?

Best Regards

Levent

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alex.Bakharev
in reply to: karelkalip

Shrinkage propeties are used to make some corrections in 2.5D (midplane and fusion) analysis. 3D analysis predicts shrinkage from the first principles.

Message 3 of 4
karelkalip
in reply to: Alex.Bakharev

Thanks, but how can i find information about 'First principles' ?

Message 4 of 4
mayur_dhumal
in reply to: karelkalip

Hello Lavent,

The following shrinkage models are available in this product:

1) Uncorrected residual stress

This option will be selected when there is no shrinkage data available for the material. In this case, the Fill+Pack analysis predicts the residual stress values within in the part, based on the flow and thermal history during the molding cycle.

2) Corrected residual in-mold stress (CRIMS)

This option is the default when shrinkage testing has been performed on the material. This shrinkage is the most accurate because it is obtained by correlating actual tested shrinkage Values with Fill+Pack analysis predictions.

3) Residual strain

This option is selected for those materials where the CRIMS model was found to not adequately describe the shrinkage behavior of the material.

For more info refer:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/search?source=help&product=Simulation Moldflow&q=shrinkage models&language=ENU

Whenever shrinkage values are not given that means it is using first shrinkage model.

Best Regards,

Mayur.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report