Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runner diameters after runner balance analysis

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
t230381
802 Views, 6 Replies

Runner diameters after runner balance analysis

We use hot runner system and set target pressure after that we choose "runner balance" in Analysis sequence tab. The runner balance analysis is trying to achieve the target pressure by changing the diameters of the runners. How can we know these diameters of the runners?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ashwinkumarnr
in reply to: t230381

HI,

After runner balance analysis is complete, the softeare will create a study file with final runner sizes. Just as in best gate analysis.

Hope this is what you asked for!!

Regards,

Ashwin

Message 3 of 7
madhukeshwart
in reply to: t230381

you need to set maximum / runner sizes other wise... Moldflow will give very smaller or larger diameters as solutions
Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 4 of 7
t230381
in reply to: ashwinkumarnr

Dear Ashwin,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I've read the study file, but I've not seen the final sizes of runner.

Could you please show me more clearly?

Message 5 of 7

Hello @madhukeshwart sir,

is runner analysis is taking lot of time?

Runner size should be same or Variation is allowed, because parts are having different volume.

Thanks. 

Message 6 of 7
mppkumar
in reply to: mandar.salunkhe

Hi @mandar.salunkhe

based on the constraint, analysis may take more or less time

Runner balancing is done to achieve below mentioned criteria 

• The same pressure drop in all flow paths, which fills all cavities simultaneously
  • Controlled shear heating, which minimizes stress levels without using a high melt temperature
  • Minimized volume of runner material relative to cavity volume, which achieves the highest possible pressure drops in the runner system

if the volume of part is different, then the runner sizes should be different to fill both cavities at the same time

Thanks
M P Pradeep Kumar

If my views / comments acceptable, provide "Kudos" as appreciation, if answers your query, please click the "Accept as Solution"
Message 7 of 7
mppkumar
in reply to: mandar.salunkhe

refer the below link for more details on runner balancing 

http://help.autodesk.com/view/MFIA/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-6991380A-196B-4179-BFAC-1C1177C5B661

Thanks
M P Pradeep Kumar

If my views / comments acceptable, provide "Kudos" as appreciation, if answers your query, please click the "Accept as Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report