Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relation between mold surface temperature and coolant inlet temperature

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
M.Nasir
491 Views, 4 Replies

Relation between mold surface temperature and coolant inlet temperature

Hello AMI user..

Please help me to fine the relationship between mold surface temperature and coolant inlet temperature. For example if we want 70deg.C for mold temp., how much temperature for water coolant inlet?

Please advice...

Thank you..

M.Nasir

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
madhukeshwart
in reply to: M.Nasir

Generally it should 10 to 20 deg C lesser that of mold surface temperature..
Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 3 of 5
madhukeshwart

one again it depends on your cycle time and rate of coolant flow to get a targer tempearature
Madhukeshwar Talwar

Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 4 of 5
M.Nasir

Hi Mr. Madhukeshwar Talwar..

Thank you for your replies and suggestions.

I have one more concern about this topic. In real injection molding machine, the mold temperature will always depend on coolant inlet temp and temp of melt material injected. So, we only can control the mold temp by control on coolant temp and cannot set the mold temp directly. My question is, is it possible if we just set the coolant inlet temp without setting the mold temp in this software?If don't, what is the best options to overcome this problem?

Thank you..

Regards

M.Nasir

Message 5 of 5
madhukeshwart

Yes. Mold temperature is depending of coolant inlet temperature as well as  flow rate & also cycle time.

In cool analysis, what ever mold surface temperature specified is not used for analysis. It is target mold temperature only.

When you run cool + flow + warp analysis, mold temeprature considered for anlysis is actually average temeprature, which is outcome of cool analysis. i.e Averaged within cycle.

When you run cool(FEM) + flow + warp analysis, Transient cool analyses are used to simulate the change in mold temperature with time, once again depends solver being used.

Madhukeshwar Talwar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report