Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pure shinkage

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
subpartner
610 Views, 6 Replies

Pure shinkage

1. Is there any way to create a plot to show pure shrinakge of a part?

2. How can I seperate the value in the plot of "DEFL W" in X, Y, Z?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alex.Bakharev
in reply to: subpartner

1. In Midplane and Dual Domain analysis there are four shrinkage related plots: "Isotropic shrinkage", "Anisotropic shrinkage", "Parallel shrinkage, before warpage" and "Perpendicular shrinkage, before warpage".. In true 3D analysis, I guess the best way to get the linear shrinkage plot is divide the volumetric shrinkage by 3.0

2. In deflection plot properties. Choose the needed component instead of the magnitude:

Capture.JPG

Message 3 of 7
subpartner
in reply to: Alex.Bakharev

Hi Alex,

Anyway thanks a lot for you help. I know what you said, but what customer want to know is the "Pure shrinkage" in a specified direction. The parallel and perpendicular is changed with orientation, and deflection already include warpage...

Message 4 of 7
Alex.Bakharev

I guess I could write a simple script that would produce the result.

Is the analysis midplane, dual-domain or 3D? Is the part flat or we need some type of projecting the shrinkage direction on the curved surface?

Message 5 of 7
yannick.moret

Might be better to raise that through normal support channel ?
Message 6 of 7
mayur_dhumal

Hi,

Yes current workaround is as follows:
You need to select 2 co-ordinate points on part in a Deflection result. Selecting 2 points will not be equal to interpreting about direction, so difficult to say about parallel & perpendicular shrinkage values.

In the attached image you will need to select Co-ordinate+Shrinkage instead of if Autodesk may provide one more option "Pure Shrinkage/Only Shrinkage" in the dropdown will be great. This could be a New Idea.

Regards,
Mayur

Message 7 of 7
madhukeshwart

In warp results

Check shrinkage compensation & automatic. You will get estimated shrinakge rate

===============================================================

Better to do Shrink analysis

Shrink analysis enables you to determine an appropriate shrinkage allowance to use to cut the mold taking into account the shrinkage characteristics of the material being used to mold the part

and the molding conditions.It helps in Calculation of a recommended shrinkage allowance.

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report