Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Scandium for Autodesk Simulation Moldflow 2013 Now Available

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
scott.sheppard
3288 Views, 21 Replies

Project Scandium for Autodesk Simulation Moldflow 2013 Now Available

The Project Scandium technology preview has returned:

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/scandium 

It is compatible with Autodesk Simulation Moldflow 2013. I have made the 64-bit download available on the Autodesk Labs site. I have the 32-bit version if anyone wants it, but my guess is that most early adopters are using 64-bit.

Capabilities in this technology preview beyond the commercial release:

• New capability to analyze molds with conformal cooling channels. (video)
  • New Thermoplastics Bi-injection Molding process for Midplane analysis technology
  • New injection-compression (video) and pure compression molding (video) process simulation capabilities for 3D analysis technology
  • New mechanical property prediction for long fiber-filled thermoplastics composites.
  • New Buckling analysis option for 3D analysis technology
  • Various Solver enhancements address accuracy and speed.
      1. New Crystallization analysis result displays final average crystal size distribution
      2. Midplane and Dual Domain Warp solver accounts for viscoelastic mechanical properties of thermoplastics
      3. Improved time to solution for Microcellular Injection Molding analyze
      4. Cartridge heater enhancements for 3D elements
      5. Wall slip option added to 3D flow solver parameters
      6. 3D Gas-assisted Injection Molding analysis supports multiple gas cylinders
      7. New results produced by the 3D flow solver
      8. Large deflection stress analysis parameters enabled for 3D Microchip Encapsulation analysis
      9. New 3D result mapping method improves time to solution
  • FBX export capability increases visualization options among Autodesk products.

The Simulus technology preview requries Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Synergy and Insight 2013 licenses, and the technology preview will expire on January 1st 2013.

We are looking forward to your feedback.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Tags (1)
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
scott.sheppard
in reply to: ritti5454

From what I recall, there is only a 64-bit version. I am pretty sure since the page:

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/scandium/supported_apps

has 64-bit only. I wouldn't have called that out unless I only had a 64-bit installer. Of the thousands of downloads, you are the first person to ask for 32-bit. Sorry.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 22 of 22

Hello ritti5454,

regarding your baffle cooling question: I assume you mean can the new 3D conformal cooling feature handle baffles?

The answer is yes. You need to model the 3D channel geometry created by the presence of a baffle. There is not special baffle element type.

Franco Costa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report