The Project Scandium technology preview has returned:
It is compatible with Autodesk Simulation Moldflow 2013. I have made the 64-bit download available on the Autodesk Labs site. I have the 32-bit version if anyone wants it, but my guess is that most early adopters are using 64-bit.
Capabilities in this technology preview beyond the commercial release:
- New capability to analyze molds with conformal cooling channels. (video)
- New Thermoplastics Bi-injection Molding process for Midplane analysis technology
- New injection-compression (video) and pure compression molding (video) process simulation capabilities for 3D analysis technology
- New mechanical property prediction for long fiber-filled thermoplastics composites.
- New Buckling analysis option for 3D analysis technology
- Various Solver enhancements address accuracy and speed.
- New Crystallization analysis result displays final average crystal size distribution
- Midplane and Dual Domain Warp solver accounts for viscoelastic mechanical properties of thermoplastics
- Improved time to solution for Microcellular Injection Molding analyze
- Cartridge heater enhancements for 3D elements
- Wall slip option added to 3D flow solver parameters
- 3D Gas-assisted Injection Molding analysis supports multiple gas cylinders
- New results produced by the 3D flow solver
- Large deflection stress analysis parameters enabled for 3D Microchip Encapsulation analysis
- New 3D result mapping method improves time to solution
The Simulus technology preview requries Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Synergy and Insight 2013 licenses, and the technology preview will expire on January 1st 2013.
We are looking forward to your feedback.
the new features sound great.
When is the Scandium Release ready for download? I can`t find the download button.
Just tried now (8th of August, middle of the day in EMEA) and there is a download button on the top right.
Are the servers OK? I tried downloading 4 times, and with 100% downloaded I was getting "Unknown Network Error" and the downloaded file - instead of being closed and saved - was deleted
I'm using Google Chrome; perhaps should be using IE?
As I understand it, you use your existing Moldflow license information.
I have just started to use Scandium to simulate polymer flow at the microscale by choosing the "slip" option. I have a few questions. I assume this is proprietary, but I have to ask since it would benefit my research greatly. Without giving too much away, do you know what model is used for the wall-slip condition? Another property a the microscale is size dependent viscosity. Are you guys considering tackling that issue at any time in the near future? Thanks, Scott!
-John Rodgers (Research Assistant at Lehigh University)