Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One shot / two materials

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
frank_1978
743 Views, 5 Replies

One shot / two materials

I have many times the following situation:

one shot with two different materials (different shore)

how can I simulate this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
raalteh
in reply to: frank_1978

Hi,

If you are talking about 'bi-injection molding' (injecting one material from one gate and another from another gate, but inject at the same time), this is currently not a supported platform. However it is something being investigated for a technology preview.

However, if the material charcteristics of the two material sare somewhat similar, than you can try using regular injection molding. If the two injection profiles are very different, you may be able to use the 'dynamic feed' to creat the independent injection profiles as a work around.

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
frank_1978

Hi Hanno,

thank you for your answer. I think you are you are also on the Moldflow user meeting 2012 this week, right?

Very good event.

Do you have more information about dynamic feed?

And still another question:

In which FEM software we can import the  Moldflow results?

What information is transfered from Moldflow to FEM software?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
Shawn_Gedman

Hello,

I'd be glad to answer your additional questions, but in the future you may want to break up your questions into different forum posts when there are many different topics involved.  It will increase the likelihood or receiving an answer on all of your questions and will help others as well when searching topics in the forum.

I'm not sure if you are looking for more information on how the technology works or how it should be setup within Autodesk Moldflow so I'll cover both.  The Dynamic Feed technology was originally developed by Synventive Molding Solutions™ and uses a closed-loop process that monitors the pressures at each gate location, allowing you to dynamically control the valves gates based off of a predetermined pressure profile.  Additional information on the general theory of this technology can be found on their website (http://www.synventive.com/Dynamic_Feed.aspx).  The attached ppt should also offer a pretty good explanation on the process as well as how to set it up in Insight.  the ppt exceeded the allowed limit for attachments so I had to split it in two.

We have several methods for exporting the Autodesk Moldflow data to third party software packages so there are many possibilities. 

• One method is through the API that we offer in Insight and we have pretty good documentation in the Help on what files are generated and the data they contain.  There are 6 API's currently available (mpi2nas, mpi2abq, mpi2ans, mpi2pat, mpi2dyn, mpi2codev) so a search for the script name within the Help will explain each in further detail.
  • The other option would be through a product that we call Autodesk Moldflow Structural Alliance.  This is available with Autodesk® Simulation Multiphysics, ANSYS®, and Abaqus® structural simulation software and involves a mapping process to transfer results from Insight or Adviser to these third party packages.
“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 5 of 6
frank_1978
in reply to: Shawn_Gedman

Hi, Thank you for the answer. But I can't find the pps. Can you send it again please. Mit freudlichen Gr??en Best Regards Frank Stumpf framas Kunststofftechnik GmbH Rodalber Strasse 180 66953 Pirmasens Germany Tel: +49 6331 5152-597 Fax: +49 6331 515258 e-mail: frank.stumpf@framas.com Internet: www.framas.com
Message 6 of 6
Shawn_Gedman

Hello Frank,

You should be able to download the slides from my previous post.  I zipped them up to save space so click on the two links in my previous post that have a .zip extension. 

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report