Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia Tesla Computing Card

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Jake
896 Views, 6 Replies

Nvidia Tesla Computing Card

Hi,

Has anyone tried to use a Nvidia Telsa GPU card for 3D Fill/Pack/Warp? Does anyone know if Moldflow is compatiable with Tesla computing?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Brian.Sather
in reply to: Jake

I haven't used to NVIDIA Tesla GPU card personally, but the C1060 model is supported by Moldflow. The thing to remember is that it is not a graphics card at all so you will still need a 2nd video card for graphics display.

Brian Sather
Technical Evangelist, Autodesk
Message 3 of 7
Jake

Thanks for the response. I'm pricing a new workstation right now, do you have a recommendation for a processor?
Message 4 of 7
Brian.Sather

I would definitely recommend a minimum of a single Quad Core processor, dual processors if your budget allows. The latest generation Intel processors are exceptionally fast in our multi-threading benchmarks...the two lines I would look at are the Core i7 and Xeon 5500.
Message 5 of 7
Jake

Thanks for the recommendation. Yes we are doing dual processors and hopefully 2x Tesla cards. It looks like we'll need to go back to SUSE for two Teslas cards, not sure we want to do that or not.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,
Which is it the least quantity of RAM that recommend? Are the characteristics of the fixed disk is important?

MPI2010 is it comapatibile with new Windows 7?

thanks to everybody
Message 7 of 7
Brian.Sather

Looks like a nice setup. One note though - currently Moldflow can only utilize a single GPU so doubling up the Tesla cards may not give you much of a performance boost.

As for the other questions, the minimum amount of RAM depends entirely on the amount of elements you typically deal with and what types of analysis you plan to run. I have 8GB of RAM on my laptop which is OK for the work I do, but if you have models with millions of elements you will require more. For the hard drive, a 10,000 RPM SATA drive would perform nicely.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report