Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moldflow showing installed even after uninstallation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ashutoshkumar.del
535 Views, 4 Replies

Moldflow showing installed even after uninstallation

I installed the Moldflow Insight 2014. Due to some error, i uninstalled it but when i tried to install it again it is showing that its already installed.

need to reinstall it.

Please provide me the solution.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Assuming you installed Insight under "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation Moldflow Insight 2014" folder, otherwise you need to use your installed location to replace this one.  I also assumed that you installed 64 bit of Insight.  You can try to uninstall from Windows command window:

msiexec   /x {753C779D-0464-2014-0000-8FF1C120CB5E} INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation Moldflow Insight 2014"

Regards,

Charlie

Message 3 of 5
JayMuller
in reply to: zhangchar

Dear Charly,

If that ..."msiexec   /x {753C779D-0464-2014-0000-8FF1C120CB5E} INSTALLDIR...." works, your are my personal hero.

I destroyed 3 Win 7 installations with this issue myself and I tried to manually delete Autodesk out of my registry - I know software that have 3 to 10 entries, not Autodesk, think I deleted about 5.000 entries.

But problem was still....If Charlies advice didn´t work you have to re-install. (and send invoice for that to Autodesk ;-))

Regards,

Jay

Message 4 of 5
zhangchar
in reply to: JayMuller

Have you managed to uninstall 2014 Insight yet?  Please let me know if you still have trouble to uninstall it.

Regards,

Charlie

Message 5 of 5

Hello,

Thank you for your support.

I have been unable to reinstall it it. I have tried deleting the entries in the registry but no use.

Tags (3)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums