Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moldflow and Inventor Fusion

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
biricio
496 Views, 4 Replies

Moldflow and Inventor Fusion

Hi, I did a test between Moldflow and Inventor Fusion.
The procedure that I follow is this:
- Import a model in Moldflow
- Do the mesh
- Do the analysis
- I want to change the geometry and then, from Moldflow, send the model in Inventor.
- Edit the part in Inventor
- Send the modified model in Moldflow

At this point, I do the mesh again. I do not understand, why do you use Fusion if I must to do the mesh every time?

Is it the same to modify the model with the original CAD (example Catia, NX..) and import the model again?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nordhb
in reply to: biricio

Hi,
the workflow is a matter of how your design environment is set up.
I believe any cad system will do the modification job.

Working with simulations, you necessarily do not have access to a cad system, or you just need a part of the functionality within the cad system.
Inventor Fusion is an additional tool in the toolbox for simulation users, not having access to other cad systems, or a need of all features as in Inventor Professional.
And Inventor Fusion is available with the simulation package with no extra license required.

You can do some element modifications in Synergy, but after analysis the cad geometry needs to be updated, and new analysis performed to confirm the changes are ok.

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 5
biricio

Thanks nordhb for reply.

I did not understand a thing.
If I already use a CAD program is a good thing to have Inventor Fusion?

Or I install fusion when I do not have any programs installed.

thanks

Message 4 of 5
nordhb

Hi biricio,
if you are using Moldflow Insight or Moldflow Adviser, and have no other cad system installed (or access to), installing and using Inventor Fusion is a good way to get another tool for geometry creation and modification with no additional license required.

If you have a cad system installed, and used to it, it will do the geometry creation and modification.
In this case I would compare using the installed cad system with Inventor Fusion, and pick the one that suits my needs best.
If cad system installed works for you, then contiunue to use it.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 5 of 5
biricio
in reply to: nordhb

Ok, thanks for help.

ByeSmiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report