Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mold thermal expansion - information?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
phammer
753 Views, 5 Replies

Mold thermal expansion - information?

HI everybody, 

there is a funktion called mold thermal expansion. It's disabled by default. Does anybody have more infos how this works and how big the influence is.

Does simulation gets much longer?. Are ther any paper?

Greetings.

Philipp

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
caitlin.tschappat
in reply to: phammer

I know it has been awhile since this was posted, do you still need assistance?

If so, this information can be found in the AMSI Help.

Regards,

Caitlin

Caitlin Tschappat

Message 3 of 6
prabu27
in reply to: phammer

i have same doubt.. now i am using PEEK material for analyse? i want to know for this material can i consider mold thermal expansion or not?

because this material process temperature very high? 

Message 4 of 6
caitlin.tschappat
in reply to: prabu27

Hi,

Are you running warpage? Generally speaking, mold thermal expansion does not have a huge impact on the results.  Given your concern because you will be running PEEK and it does have a quite high mold temperature, you can run a fill+pack+warp as usual, then run it with the mold thermal expansion turned on.  From there, you will be able to compare the warp deflection differences.  Given those results, you'll be able to determine if it should be used or not.

Regards,

Caitlin Tschappat

Message 5 of 6

When you run analysis with the mold thermal expansion turned on, please make sure that you select a proper mold material for your mold.

Message 6 of 6
prabu27
in reply to: mayur_dhumal

ok
thank you
mayur

DISCLAIMER:

This email may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use of the specific individual(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this email or the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender at Infotech and delete the original message.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report