Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Fusion update

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
toofewfish
595 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor Fusion update

What are the plans for updating Inventor Fusion? Is the Inventor Fusion 360 compatible with Synventive 2014?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bob_holland
in reply to: toofewfish

toofewfish,

I would think that this would be a better question put to Synventive.

Bob Holland

Autodesk Product Support

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 7
toofewfish

Why Synventive? That's a manifold supplier as far as I know...

My question relates to the functionality within Inventor Fusion and it's interface to Insight...

Message 4 of 7
yannick.moret

You wrote Synventive 2014 in your original post, I guess you mean to speak about Moldflow Synergy 2014.
From Inventor Fusion 360, you can import/export sat files (and other formats).
So using sat, you are perfectly compatible with Moldflow Synergy.
Message 5 of 7

The question is: "Will there be an update on Fusion?"

And the rumors are: "No!"

The following question is then:

"Will there be an substitution?" And: "Is it IV Fusion 360 or another modeller?"

If there is nothing in the 2015 package to "unwrap" I have to consider purchasing a 3rd party product.

Which is the not the best answer I imagine....

I would like to see Inventor "light" instead, considering the price of the whole thing even Inventor is a give-away, anyway.

Cheers

Harald

Message 6 of 7
raalteh
in reply to: harald_goetz

Hi Harald,

Inventor Fusion has been included with our moldflow product s for a few years now and the version we included was developed as a proof of concept, not with commercialization in mind. A few years ago it was developed completely from scratch, on a more suitable platform. The initial idea was to replace the prior version with the new one, but there was a change in direction, making the new Fusion completely could based. Though strictly speaking the data can be exchanged,the cloud based workflow makes Fusion 360 not an ideal companion product, and we repackaged the old Fusion and made it available with the 2014 product.

I cannot comment on future products, but the ability to modify existing third party CAD models is clearly an important capability, for not only Moldflow but also the other simulation products. And rather then less functionality, we would like to offer more (e.g. Windage or 'unwrap' as you called it, or more geometry modification tools). We will continue to push for progress on this front through our own developments and provide input to other development teams.

This is about as much as I can say at this moment.

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7
harald_goetz
in reply to: raalteh

Hi Hanno,

I remember asking you and Franco at the Connect! Meeting last year a simular question.

Now I do have some more confidence and trust in the future. So I can postpone the decision whether to buy a new Cad (companion) system or not.

Thanks for the answer.

(And see you in next Connect! Meeting)

Harald

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report