Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instructions on Creating a Mid Plane Mesh

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
petestrycharske
1188 Views, 1 Reply

Instructions on Creating a Mid Plane Mesh

All,

I am a new user to Moldflow and have been having some trouble with mid plane meshing.  In my latest part, a simple plate with two fins, I wanted to employ a mid plane mesh because the part seemed simple enough.  However, when I attempt to mesh the part, I get the following error message: 

** Error 1900303 ** Nothing visible to mesh.

Entities to be meshed should be on visible layers, and properties should be consistent with mesh aim.

For Dual Domain and 3D Tetra meshes, I simply import the model and the Moldflow mesher takes care of the rest.  I then fix any problems or refine as needed, but I can't even get that far with Mid Plane.  Can someone please take a look at the following Inventor model and let me know what I am doing wrong?  Any help is great appreciated and I thank you in advance for any suggestions.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nordhb
in reply to: petestrycharske

Hi,
if you try to mesh the imported CAD body to Midplane mesh directly you get.
** Error 1900303 ** Nothing visible to mesh.

Entities to be meshed should be on visible layers, and properties should be consistent with mesh aim.

1) First, mesh the geometry as Dual Domain mesh type.
2) Change mesh type to Midplane for study.
3) In Generate Mesh dialog, tick "Remeshed already meshed parts of the model" and then click Mesh Now.

This produces an Midplane mesh.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report