Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import full mold

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
saurabh.essilor
655 Views, 1 Reply

Import full mold

Currently we have a full mold which has been drawn specifically for simulations in other softwares.  It would make life much easier if we were able to import the full mold into the software then simply identify materials and coolant channels which are part of the CAD.  Maybe this is possible but as of right now it is impossible for me to do.  I find the mold creating and coolant channel drawing to be extremely difficult, especially since I have already done all this work in Solid works.  So does anyone have any info on what I can do?  Is this something the development team is working on?  Most all other software has this capability, it only makes sense that Moldflow should be able to do it also.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
raalteh
in reply to: saurabh.essilor

Hi,

I would suggest you have a look at the Scandium Technology Preview for Autodesk Moldflow. This Technology preview contatins a transient cool solver the Autodesk Moldflow development team is working on. When you follow the link, you find a video of how to build a Mold for the Transient cool solver using existing CAD geometry.

An additional tip is that if you can export the cooling lines from your CAD system as IGES lines, you can import these into Autodesk Moldflow. This can be a major time saver. You should be able to find instructions on this in the help.

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report