Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge deflection - lens overmold

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mholka
912 Views, 3 Replies

Huge deflection - lens overmold

Hi all,

I ran the overmold analysis of lens and I have a problem with big deflection. When I ran the overmold analysis, the deflection is 42.89 mm!!! But when I ran the first shot and second shot separately, the deflection for the first shot is 1.95mm a for the second shot is 2.62mm. I don´t know why is the deflection in overmold so big! 42 mm deflection is horrible! Could somebody help me and explain to me why is the deflection so big when I ran the overmold analysis??

Thanks Martin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
qatesting
in reply to: mholka

What are the two materials that you are using in this analysis?

I have managed to get some large deflections using PP and ABS

I will look to find out what going on on this my values way to large. Will just check I haven't set something wrong in the analysis setup first

Message 3 of 4
yannick.moret
in reply to: qatesting

My suggestion would be to run a buckling and/or large deflection analysis.

Regards

Yannick

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mholka

Hello,

Have you tried inverting the sequence to see if the warpage is still the same when you shot the 2nd component first?

I would be curious to see if maybe a high pressure condition on the 2nd shot increases the warpage significantly when you have the overmolding process, considering also you have an overpacking condition on the 1st shot.

If this is happening, I would eliminate these two issues (high pressure and overpacking) and re-run the analysis to see if in an overmolding simulation the warpage makes more sense.

Good luck!

Hugo Herrera

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report