Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase " Mesh Match percentage''

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
FK1985
1193 Views, 3 Replies

How to increase " Mesh Match percentage''

Good day,

I have been studying on a project that has a lot of prisms on the inner surfaces. Even thought, I try several times,quality of mesh is very low which is %54. Please find the picture of the part attached. How can I increase the quality of mesh for these kind of parts?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: FK1985

Hello,

With the geometry of your part, you can't increase the mesh match percentage because all of your element "sawtooth" are unmatched (use the function : Mesh ==> (in mesh Diagnostic) Mesh Match for know if your element are Matched, Edge or Unmatched and check if your prisms are unmatched). And with this geometry you could have problems with thickness in Dual Domain.

For me, if you want good results, mesh your part in 3D.

Regards

Message 3 of 4
mayur_dhumal

Hi,

It will be IMPOSSIBLE to get mesh match around ~85-90% for this type of part, so even if you mesh with small edge length it will not possible to get desired mesh match, also when simulate this part with DD mesh it is likely that temperature drop will be high & you may get short-shot, you will need high injection speed machine & part need to be injected with very high speed to nullify chances of temperature drop.

Instead try with 3D, more accurate results, fast results. Just mesh with DD (try to lower down the aspect ratio, as much you can) & then mesh in 3D, because thickness of part is varying from 2-7mm. so 3D is best for this part.

Regards,

Mayur

Message 4 of 4
madhukeshwart

Around  serration zone , it can’t match both faces, but can be improved

1. Try to use ASM 2015 - if not 2014 . i.e. Use Latest release.
  2. Mesh > Mesh diagnostic >  check for ‘Mesh Match’ for know if your element are Matched, Edge or Unmatched and check if serration are unmatched.Get elements  unmatched elements in diagnostic layer. Then expand the diagnostic layer elements to 1 or 2 level. Select nodes of both faces and try for  Mesh repair >Match Nodes. 

It will sure improve mesh match & but may not be expected for Dual domain requirement . Such situation better to convert the DD mesh  in 3D mesh. 

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report