Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export mold material properties?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
piepCAE
443 Views, 0 Replies

How to export mold material properties?

Hello all,

I would like to know whether is possible to export in *.txt file the mold material data.

It should be possible.

I am interested in exporting 3 different material properties (as seen in the figure below):

• Mold density
  • Specific heat
  • Thermal conductivity

So far, I went to Tools tab > Databases > Search and selected Mold material as the Property type.

Then, I checked for the details of the Tool Steel P-20 but there was no chance to export such info.

In the Search Mold material Databases, there is the possibility of creating new Columns… with additional info, as seen in "image2". However, when I tried to Export… this table as *.txt file, the only result I got was the description of mold materials (see "image3").

Moreover, it is possible to create a New Database by accessing to Tools tab > Databases > New.

I created a copy of the Tool steel P-20 (Tool steel P-20 #1) that is already existing in the Databases > >.

Once again, there is the possibility of creating new Columns… with the desired info.

However, when I tried to Export… this table as *.txt file, the only result I got is the description of mold material (see "image5") as before.

So, this is the problem that I am facing.

Very likely, I am doing it on the wrong way or there is something I'm missing.

I would like to know whether I can find useful adds/inputs to help me solve this problem.

Thank you!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report