Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate Deflection, all effects: Deflection from X, Y and Z component

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
M.Nasir
1120 Views, 7 Replies

How to calculate Deflection, all effects: Deflection from X, Y and Z component

Hi everyone,

I was analyze a component using 3D mesh to get the warpage result. From the results shows 4 difference results, which is Deflection, all effects: Deflection, Deflection, all effects: X, Y and Z component. I can understand for every component that depending on their axis for X, Y and Z. But, what is Deflection, all effects: Deflection tell about and how to calculate its value from X, Y and Z component results.

Please help me..

Regards,

M. Nasir,

Malaysia

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
romslayer
in reply to: M.Nasir

Hello Nasir,

I have an idea about the calcul of Deflection all effect, It's very easy.

Moldflow calcul the difference between before and after deformation for X, Y and Z component. After he calcul the quadratic sum of this vector.

Example :

Node1 : (X1after;Y1after;Z1after)-(X1before;Y1before;Z1before)=(X1after-X1before;Y1after-Y1before;Z1after-Z1before) ==> (X1component;Y1component;Z1component)

Now, you calcul the quadratic sum of the X,Y and Z component to obtain the Deflection all effect.

Deflection All effect = Sqrt(X1component²+Y1component²+Z1component²)

I think it's that, but other can confirm this.

Hope this help

Romslayer

Message 3 of 8
M.Nasir

Hi Romslayer,

Thank you for your response..Do you mean the calculation had done for every node?Then the results shows the deflection for sqrt Xsq+Ysq+zsq for each node..I think it is reliable.

Where you found the solution?..I mean from any books or journals, because I need to cited that equator on my thesis..

Thank you so much...

Regards..

M.Nasir

Message 4 of 8
romslayer

Hello,

Yes, I think the calculation had done for each node.

I have work on this topic before, it's for that I know the answer.

It's a really basic geometrical calcul. It's pythagorean theorem (Euclidean distance).

the first point (A) is the nodeX before deflection and the second point (B) is the nodeX after deflection.

A(x1,y1,z1) and B(x2,y2,z2)

To calcul the distance between the point1 and 2, you use this equation in cartesian

|AB|=sqrt[ (x2-x1)²+(y2-y1)²+(z2-z1)² ]

Hope this help

Romslayer

Message 5 of 8
nishit78

According to moldflows help section, Part distortion happens due to differential cooling, shrinkage, and orientation.

Deflection all-affects basically combines the deflection due to each of these individual factors to show you the final result.

Message 6 of 8
romslayer

Hello,

Yes it's true, and you can see that if you select "isolate cause of warpage" in the process settings but the question is "how to calculate deflection, all effect from X,Y and Z component and I'm agree with my explanation in this thread.

Message 7 of 8
nishit78
in reply to: romslayer

Romslayer,

I misunderstood the question and I too agree with what you said. I did edit my previous comment to correct myself. I am in agreement with you about how it is calculated.
Message 8 of 8
romslayer

Hello,

Sorry, I just saw the answer in my mailbox and I don't see the edited post in the topic 🙂

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report