Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Grow from results

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
766 Views, 4 Replies

Grow from results

I am having problems getting a sensible looking 'grow from' result. I am running a test strip with 5 valve gate which seem to work ok however the results on the parts show just one colour. The attached shows 5 injection locations. I did have just one with a runner system but it makes no difference. I have animated the 'flow rate, beam' result and I can see the flow rate shifting from gate to gate. The gates are timed to open when the flow front reaches the gate node.

I am having to run using version 6.2.

Note I tried running the tub valve gate example from the UK training examples and again the 'grow from' result looks wrong.

Anyone have any thoughts? What am I doing wrong? Am I doing anything wrong?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
GalSherbelis7635
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

This is how it works with valve gates. If you open each gate just before (two rows of elements) the flow front reaches it I think you will see different picture.

Gal
Message 3 of 5
madhukeshwart

Start creating a gate one by one , creat one gate first , get it mesh . Then creat second gate and mesh it , then third , fourth , fifth ...repeat the
steps .

Then run the analyis .

It may give effect of each gate & but I'm not sure with valve gating ....

Please reply after doing the analysis
Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 4 of 5
ericli

I think it's bring about the rule of grow from result how to be create, I have tested if the gate is open before the flow front, the grown from is difference.
Message 5 of 5

Valve gating will not show effect of each gates through ' Grow From' Plot 

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report