Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got 3 Minutes? Check out What's New in Autodesk Moldflow 2010 - Release 2

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Brian.Sather
299 Views, 3 Replies

Got 3 Minutes? Check out What's New in Autodesk Moldflow 2010 - Release 2

Lots of new features in Release 2 - if you have 3 minutes head on over to YouTube to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFw7hVh4gBY
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
solymossy
in reply to: Brian.Sather

Hi!

I would like to ask questions about the new features of AMI2010R2:

-Inventor direct import isn't so direct or is it? Will it be direct in the future? (Right now I think there is an stl converting step hidden in the import workflow. If one imports an .ipt file with NURBS surfaces there won't be any options to set the NURBS meshing preferences.)

-Parallel solution technology: I think in the past Moldflow was able to use parallel processing for warpage analysis. What now? Is Moldflow able to use parallel processing for every analysis or just 3D flow is added to the list?

-GPU card: Is it possible to use all CUDA-enabled cards from nVidia or just Quadro FX 4800 and Quadro FX 5800?

Thank You in advance,
Balázs
Message 3 of 4
raalteh

Hi Balázs,

It is obviously important to have good Inventor model import capabilities, particularly with an increasing market share for Inventor in the plastics space. Model import capabilities not only improve a work flow, but also improve results accuracy.

On the topic of Parallel processing; as you said, the 3D Warp solver had been parallelized in a previous release, but it is now extended to the 3D Flow solver in Moldflow 2010 Release 2. Parallelizing the 3D Flow code is a substantial effort, that the development team has worked towards over the last few years and include speed improvements that were made over the last few years through code improvements. This streamlining of the 'single threaded' code makes the current 'parallel' code efficient and scale well with more cores.

On the subject of the use of the GPU for the 3D Flow solver, the requirement is that the card supports CUDA AND double precision. Graphics cards that can use CUDA but are single precision, are not supported.

I hope this helps.

Hanno Edited by: raalteh on Aug 11, 2009 12:48 PM
Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Message 4 of 4
solymossy

Hi Hanno!

Thank You for the information!

BUT I think I wasn't straightforward enough about Inventor import. I mean I do feel the importance to be able to import directly models from Autodesk's own CAD system to the CAE system of Autodesk. BUT this is not THE DIRECT IMPORT or is it?

I've asked about the absence of the second tab for AMI meshing (The NURBS tab) and got the information that the UI got smarter. It offers this possibility only if the imported model is suitable for those options. (For example importing an STL file won't give the user the NURBS tab, but having an IGES model with NURBS surfaces will make the tab appear.) I was wondering if I created a model with NURBS surfaces in Inventor why didn't I have the NURBS tab for DualDomain meshing the model? Maybe because it is not the FINALIZED DIRECT IMPORT? Does it create an STL model in the background from the IPT file and after that imports it to Moldflow, doesn't it?

Thank you in advance for the info! (And sorry about my questions but I am curious. 🙂 )

Balázs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report