Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Moldflow to work with MS HPC server

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
rbrowde2
1282 Views, 8 Replies

Getting Moldflow to work with MS HPC server

Is there any documentation on installing and configuring Moldflow to work with MS HPC server?

Thanks,

Ray

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: rbrowde2

Dear Autodesk Team,

Would like to know wheter Moldflow can be integrated with Windows/LInux Cluster  with  a work load manager.

If yes,  please let us know the use case or the documentation.

Thank you

AP

Message 3 of 9
raalteh
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think you will find instructions on how to set this up. The Moldflow job manager was not built to work with external job managers/load balancing programs.

Having said that, the moldflow analysis jobs can be run from a 'command line' using a 'runstudy' command ("runstrudy modelname.sdy"), which could some basic functionality for you to work with. You find more informaiton on this in this link. I hope this works for you but as mentioned before, the Moldflow products was not developed to work in an HPC/Cluster environment so there may be limitations.

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: rbrowde2

Thank you Hanno van Raalte for the prompt and clear answer and information.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Would like to ask additional questions here:

1. Whether Moldflow is available with Autodesk 360 ?

2. If yes,  Whether it is used for Moldlow Analysis only?

3. Request details of Moldflow on Autodesk 360 

Thank you

Message 6 of 9
raalteh

Good question!

Autodesk 360 is actually a cloud-based data storage service (includes 3Gb of free data storage). This does not include software or software products though.

I suspect however you are referring to Autodesk Simulation 360 though, which is a cloud simulation analysis service. The widely published version of Autodesk Simulation 360 contains Mechanical simulation and CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics). A lesser published version contains Moldflow Insight capabilities, but is only available through Autodesk direct sales channels at this stage and may not be available in all countries.

Hanno van Raalte,

Message 7 of 9
csegard
in reply to: raalteh

Hello,

is there any updates on the support of Windows HPC cluster?

Regards

Cédric

Message 8 of 9
raalteh
in reply to: csegard

This is an old item, but no additional development was done here. We do get occational requests for 'thin client's for Windows (along the lines of what was done for Linux) and I'm assuming this is where the quesiton is coming from.

Some companies would like some additional tools (like run time, and memory usage predicted ahead of time) to work better with 3rd party job schedulers to help with load balancing. This is not straight forward to do reliably and we have not provided a tool for this yet.
Hanno van Raalte,

Message 9 of 9
DBVieira
in reply to: raalteh

There is an help entry for a cluster running on thin clients in linux....but in the past the linux version was a litle bit limited vs windows solvers....my 5 cents

http://help.autodesk.com/view/MFIA/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-C9739CC5-BC78-40F6-BE0B-2E8C8FA589FD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report