Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to import the initial stresses data to ABAQUS

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MonicaOliveira8949
5024 Views, 6 Replies

Fail to import the initial stresses data to ABAQUS

Hi all,
I have a question about the import of the Moldflow data to ABAQUS. After executing the Visual Basic script mpi2abq.vbs the finite element mesh data - mesh.inp, the initial stresses data - mesh.ist and results data to .xml files were created.

During the import of the data to ABAQUS only a mesh and material data were imported, whereas the initial stresses data were failed to import (see image in attachment).
Could it be a problem of the ABAQUS version? The one I have is ABAQUS(CAE version 6.7-1).

Thanks in advance for any advice.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi.

Run ABAQUS with created files and open odb file,
you can see initial stresses.
Message 3 of 7

Hi,
Thank you for the help. I have already tried to do this but with no success. I am a beginner in ABAQUS and therefore I don´t know the exact procedure to import Moldflow results and visualize the residual stresses distribution.
I´ll describe what I have done:
1) Import the Moldflow results (with aid of visual basic script:mpi2abq.vbs)
2) The output files contain job_mesh.inp file; 4 material data files.xml; 1 job_initStresses.xml file and 1 job_mesh.ist file
3) The job_mesh.inp file is ready to be imported to ABAQUS via ABQUS/CAE - File - Import - Model. After concluding the import the followed message appears:"The following keyword/parameters are not still supported by the input file reader" INITALCONDITIONS TYPE STRESS.
Probably I should run ABAQUS with the created files with command prompt? If so, can anybody explain how do to it? Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tatiana
Message 4 of 7

Hi.
Yes,you should run ABAQUS with the created files with command prompt.

start->all programs->ABAQUS->ABAQUS command

then ABAQUS command window will appear.
See prompt and copy all created files to the folder.
Enter command lines below.
-----------------------------------------------
ABAQUS
**********(enter suitable job name)
job_mesh
-----------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 7
JTP_24
in reply to: MonicaOliveira8949

Hello all!

I'm facing a problems after this stage and I would like to request your knowledge to help me,

After creating files with command prompt I did:

File >> Import >> Model >> Job_Name.odb

Abaqus replaced my model for a new one containing intial stress. The problem appears because this new model do not contain all the data inside the previous one, like: Step, Field Output Requests, History Output Requests, Interaction controls, Fields and BCs.

Because it was Moldflow creating this data, I might be adding wrong information to the model if I do it manually.

Can anyone help me, please? How can I add the initial stress database without loosing information from Moldflow mpi2abq?

Best regards.

Thank you very much in advance.

Message 6 of 7
mvpg
in reply to: MonicaOliveira8949

Hi,

this topic is old but I'm experiencing the same problem.

I execute the abaqus translator to creat the .inp file, but when importing this model, I have the same error message, even when I am trying the Abaqus example (Bracket3d_mpi6 shown in attachment):

WARNING: The following keywords/parameters are not yet supported by the input file reader:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*INITIALCONDITIONS, TYPE=STRESS

I try to run the example though, but the analysis exited with an error because some subroutine was missing. I am wondering, is it necessary to use subroutines to see the initial stresses created by MoldFlow? Because, from every single manual of this interface, it appears as if it is not necessary... (just run the translator, creat the inp file and import the model - run the abaqus analysis is check initial stresses in odb).

PS - I don't have Fortran installed (in case subroutines are necessary)

Thank you.

Message 7 of 7
Phots
in reply to: mvpg

Hi everyone!

Im having exactly the same problem! How did you fix it? Can you help me, please?

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report