Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error trying to run ABAQUS analysis through MSA

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hjacobsson
2084 Views, 1 Reply

Error trying to run ABAQUS analysis through MSA

Hi,

I have now managed to export files from abaqus to moldflow and i have done a fill+pack analysis on the geomitry.

Its a very simple geomitry, just a 3D board (12x2x0.3cm), Locked in one end, pulling in the other.

I have used standard 3D stress elements in Abaqus with reduced integration (C3D8R).

This aborts the job and gives the following error:

"Error in job job_hourglass_mesh: 24 elements have been defined with zero hour glass stiffness. You may use *hourglass stiffness or change the element type. The elements have been identified in element set ErrElemZeroHourGlassStiffness."

So i changde the element type to standard 3D stress elements with full integration (C3D8), did a fill+pack in moldflow and tried to run the Abaqus analysis again.

This time the analysis gor stuck on "running" and a window poped up with the following error:

"This application has failed to start beacause MXML1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I can run the analysis in Abaqus if i set up the material properties in abaqus, but when i try to run it through AMSA 2012 i get the problems described above.

Do anyone know what the problem might be?

Regards

Henrik

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Macgrady_1
in reply to: hjacobsson

i think you can try to delete the old MFA document, and export a new one

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums