Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR 201430

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TMMSinc
456 Views, 3 Replies

ERROR 201430

Does any one know what is causing this error. I get it after the fill and pack finishes just before the warp starts.

** ERROR 201430 ** Warp analysis failed while finding solution to multi-point constraint equations.

Improve the mesh quality and run the analysis again.

Mesh Type = Dual Domain

Mesh match percentage = 88.8 %

Reciprocal mesh match percentage = 85.0 %

Total number of nodes = 53898

Total number of injection location nodes = 1

The injection location node labels are:

Total number of elements = 107408

Number of part elements = 106968

Number of sprue/runner/gate elements = 440

Number of channel elements = 0

Number of connector elements = 0

Parting plane normal (dx) = 0.0000

(dy) = 0.0000

(dz) = 1.0000

Average aspect ratio of triangle elements = 2.9272

Maximum aspect ratio of triangle elements = 29.8977

Element number with maximum aspect ratio = 50712

Minimum aspect ratio of triangle elements = 1.1551

Element number with minimum aspect ratio = 110705

Total volume = 126.7494 in^3

Volume filled initially = 53.9552 in^3

Volume to be filled = 72.7942 in^3

Part volume to be filled = 71.5906 in^3

Sprue/runner/gate volume to be filled = 1.2036 in^3

Total projected area = 374.9242 in^2

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Shawn_Gedman
in reply to: TMMSinc

Hello,

This error is mesh related in nature so this is where I'd focus your efforts.  Basically, a node can only have so many neighboring nodes connected to it or else the Warp solver will not be able to maintain the constraint equations.  The error is rare and I usually only see this happen on overmolding analyses. 

This is typically a result of having a poor mesh, but your mesh does not seem to raise any "red flags" from what I can see in your statistics.

My second recommendation would be to refine your mesh a little further to see if that will resolve the issue.

If this does not work then I'd recommend contacting your local support team so that the model can be investigated further.

Thank You,

Shawn

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 3 of 4
TMMSinc
in reply to: Shawn_Gedman

we did try and fine the mesh out but were not successful

can you please provide the contact information of the person we would need to get in touch with to review this mesh

Message 4 of 4
jeffm13
in reply to: TMMSinc

This problem seems to happen when you make copy's of your beam and part elements.  Im finding this very annoying when trying to run a series of iterations with different layouts and gate strategies.  I believe this is a bug in the software and needs to be addressed.  There has to be a way the software can detect this problem before it actually runs the analysis.  I can't keep wasting time remeshing my models especially after analyzing day  to only  discover that the warp solvers failed. 

Jeff 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report