While running an analysis using the DD mesh and 3D mesh I see a big difference in pressure values. The pressure results for the 3D mesh is double that of the Dual domain one. I tried different settings in 3D mesh like changing the gate contact diameter and modeling in the gate as beam elements. But still no change.
Just wondering which is more accurate and if there are any further setting that need to be tweaked.
1) For the 3D model, do you have a 3d runner system or as beams?
2) does the material have juncture loss material data?
3) what are the material quality indicators like? Gold/silver/bronze?
4) do you have a runner system?
5) if you plot the pressure trace, do you see a difference over the whole filling phase, or is there a spike at the end?
Product Manager for Autodesk Simulation Moldflow products
Hi Hanno, Thanks for taking the time to reply. Below are the details
(1) I have a beam based runner system.
(2) I am not sure where to check for juncture loss material data...I'm using valox 357U from sabic.
(3) Material quality indicators are gold.
(4) Yes I have a beam based runner system
(5) Using the pressure trace, I see a difference over the whole fill phase followed by a spike at the end. I've attached a pic.