Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an initial charge

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
david.corbridge
443 Views, 1 Reply

Creating an initial charge

Hi,

i am following these instructions:

Compression molding analyses require both a part mesh and an initial charge mesh for simulation.

Create a tetrahedral mesh of an appropriate size for the initial charge, and position it in the correct XY location above the part.
  1. Click Select, Viewer toolbar Select.
  2. Select all the elements of the initial charge.
  3. Click Assign (Mesh tab > Properties panel > Assign).
  4. In the Assign Property dialog, click New > Initial charge (3D), or select an initial charge (3D) option if one has already been created to your specifications.
  5. If you are creating a new set of specifications, make the appropriate entries in the Initial charge (3D)dialog.
    Note: If you are using a fiber-filled material, enter the initial fiber orientation values here.
  6. With your selection made, click OK to close the dialog boxes.

I am using a prt file from Creo for the charge, however when i get to step 4 i am unable to asign an 'initial charge (3D)' that option is simply not available

should i be using an assembly with the final part and charge in the same file?

any guidances on this will be appreciated

Thanks

David

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello David

Can you please check if you have changed the Molding process to 'Thermoplastic compression molding' or 'Reactive compression molding' on the Home tab - Molding Process Setup.

This will then give you the property option 'Initial charge (3D)' when you select assign property.

Regards

Paul

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Paul Larter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report