Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core (3D) property

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nishit78
507 Views, 5 Replies

Core (3D) property

Hi All,

When i change the molding process to "Overmolding" the core (3d) property dissappears from the list to assign it to a set of elements. I have to go back to the regular injection molding process to assign the core 3d property and then change it back to overmolding process.

Also i notice that some of the elements from one volume are randomly assigned the properties of another volume. For example, some of my 2nd shot elements get assigned the 1st shot part property (despite having it fixed once). Some of my core elements get assigned the 1st shot part property.

From past experience i know that this happens not only during 2-shot overmolding but also during a simple core-deflection analysis.

Any one with similar experiences (uisng AMI-2012). Is this a bug???

Thanks.

Nish

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nordhb
in reply to: nishit78

Hi,

I will contact you directly, to investigate this further.

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 6
h.rudolf
in reply to: nordhb

Hey, I´m experiencing the same thing with AMI 2016.

The workaround of switching back to Injection molding, setting Core 3D property, and switching back does work.

I´m assuming it hasn´t been addressed since then. Or is there a real solution?

Message 4 of 6
inba.oneway777
in reply to: nishit78

Hi,

i have faced this issue.

have you done a 3D mesh correction with two assembly (1st & 2nd shot). it makes some issue of some tetra element move to the other part layers.

better way to correct the mesh in different study file. after that we can merge those two projects by importing the .SDY file.

Inba Sudhahar D

Mail: inba.oneway777@gmail.com
Phone: +91-9884929216
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if the answer is accepted as a solution. Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 5 of 6
h.rudolf
in reply to: inba.oneway777

Hi Inba,

thanks for your reply. I have created a really simple geometry for test purposes, so the mesh did not need any corrections.

With an other geometry, I had a problem where some elements moved to other layers, but then the error came while solving (checking).

This problem is at setting up the model that the Core (3D) property cannot be set when on Overmolding (Fill+Pack+Overmolding Fill+Overmolding Pack+Warm), only on normal Injection Molding mode.

But the workaround works.

Message 6 of 6
inba.oneway777
in reply to: h.rudolf

Hi,

This method we can use for any type of analysis (insert molding, overmolding, etc.) with different mesh property.

Inba Sudhahar D

Mail: inba.oneway777@gmail.com
Phone: +91-9884929216
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if the answer is accepted as a solution. Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report