Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling Analysis - negative values of coolant temperature rise

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
oak
Participant
512 Views, 4 Replies

Cooling Analysis - negative values of coolant temperature rise

Hi

I am running cooling analysis - and seeing negative values of coolant temperature rise over circuit (in log file) for all the cooling channels. Have done all the checks - everything seems okay - anybody got ideas on why/how to fix it ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kietzmc
in reply to: oak

If you have a negative temperature rise it means the coolant is actually heating up the mold, instead of cooling it down. You can also send you models to customer support and they can help you as well.

Message 3 of 5
madhukeshwart

I too had similar opinian but...In such case it might give drop in temperature results.

negative results means heating up mold is for efficency results.

If I am wrong, any body correct my answer and correct it.
Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 4 of 5
nishit78

Can you tell me what is your coolant temperature and what is the ambient temp setting in your analysis.

If i understand this correctly, I think this happens when the mold is running hot with a low ambient temperature setting.

For example if the ambient temp setting was 30 deg C and the coolant was running at 60 deg C. The mold temp at startup would be 30 deg C and the warmer coolant would lose heat to the cooler mold resulting in a drop in values.

This is my opinion.

Message 5 of 5
furkan.salman
in reply to: nishit78

1) the mold, may be insufficient to cool the cooling channel diameter, the diameter of the enlarged channel try.

2) Increase the number of loop refrigeration cycle cooling water, the number of input and output values yani.böylece sağutma improved cycle time will be shortened and you.

google translate sorry for bad english 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report