Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool FEM warning

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MonicaOliveira8949
863 Views, 2 Replies

Cool FEM warning

Hi,

I have done an analysis in the following sequence:Cool FEM+Fill+Pack+Warp.  During Cool FEM  check, I've got a warning: "** WARNING 312075 ** Low part-mold contact ratio, the results could be inaccurate". It was proved to be true and the results did not show any transient variation of the temperature. I've modeled properly a 3D mould  and an option chosen for transient heat flux calculation was "flow analysis on every iteration". Thank in advance for any help and advice.

Tatiana

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nordhb
in reply to: MonicaOliveira8949

Hi,
it is difficult to answer this without having the study.
For some reason you have ended up with a mesh at mold-cavity interface that seems to be not good.

Maybe this video can help, about the set-up workflow:
http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Simulation_Moldflow/enu/2013/Videos/AMI_Transient_cool_analysis_on_an_A...

For further troubleshooting of the reason the study file is needed.

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 3

Even if you got a warning , Low part-mold contact ratio. analysis will run. Some times,  the Cool (FEM) analysis results will not converge.

If analysis completed, in cool (FEM) results, you will a get plot, called 'Improper part-mold contact',which  will highlight  the issue area in red colot. Then remesh the mold and fix these areas.

Finally ensure that there are no areas of red, indicating no contact.

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report