Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codec video

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
biricio
1130 Views, 6 Replies

Codec video

Hi, I've switched to Win 7 Pro 64bit (from XP) recently. I've AMI 2010.

If I go in the preferences, in  the "report" opnions, I find less video codec than XP system. Why?

For example, I'd like to have Cinepack codec by Radius

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dkosheba1
in reply to: biricio

Let me know how you got so many video compressors?   I only have Microsoft Video 1 and Uncompressed RGB as options.  My .avi files are ridiculously large.

Message 3 of 7
biricio
in reply to: dkosheba1

I don't know. I've got just 3 codecs:

- Inter IYUV

- Microsoft video 1

- Techsmith (because I've got Camtasia)

In Win XP I had more codecs. How I do to add more codecs?

Message 4 of 7
raalteh

I believe that the problem is that most codecs are still written for 32 bit because it's the largest market. Another example where you see this is trend of 64 bit lagging in support (in some areas) is the the fact that Adobe is planning to provide Flash for 64 bit in the next few months (it's currently on Adobe's Labs).

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Message 5 of 7
biricio

Yes, I know.

who often use Moldflow has a 64-bit PC.

The 32 bit is rare.

The problem is Win 64 does't have all the video codecs of Win 32. How then can I do?

Message 6 of 7
kip
Community Visitor

I have run into this as well on a Vista Ultimate (64 bit).  Since cinepak had always seemed to be on previous machines I at first went looking for it via google ... of course.  I was quickly clued in that it was first used by the dinosaurs and there was better options supposedly.   I have found that RealPlayer SP Converter is an excellent alternative approach.  With it you simply choose the default Full Frames (Uncompressed) which makes one giant file that you then drag and drop into the SP Converter and choose anything from typ MAC or PC tweaked output to most smartphones like an iphone which I have used and frankly am stunned by the tiny file size and quality of playback.  At first I resisted this because it adds steps and leaves a ton data in it's wake but darned if it doesn't work great and I do know how to delete things....

Still would like to have option of codecs - Anybody have a better suggestion then Techsmith (Installed by Camtasia - I think). Do we really need a few depending on the output we are creating?

Give it a try - like to hear what others think? 

Also just as important - How can Autodesk make this more straight forward in the future? Where is the easy button most of us have been lucky enough to stumble on because we had Cinepak or Techsmith loaded from another install...

Message 7 of 7
biricio

The person who receives anvideo with TechSmith or Real Player codec, if you do not have the codec on ​​your computer does not see it.

Instead Cinepak by Radius is present in all the PCs in contrast to TechSmith or Real Player codec.

bye

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report