Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change paramters of fiber orientation models using midplane models

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
346 Views, 2 Replies

Change paramters of fiber orientation models using midplane models

Hi to all,

I'm usind Moldflow Insight 2014 SP2 and when I try to change the paramters of the fiber orientation models using midplane models, the paramters are changed in the dialog but not in the analysis.

For example, if I try to change the paramters Ci and Dz using the Modlflow model, during the analysis always the paramters of the auto-calculated model are used. Moreover, if I try to use the RSC-model, during the analysis always the ARD-RSCm model is used.

Using the 3D-solver, there are no problem changing the paramters.

Since this problem occures on several Computers I think that could be an general problem of Moldflow, or is there a solution of this pronlem?

Best regards

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nordhb
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

please read this:

Modifying Fiber Parameters with CRIMS Material in Simulation Moldflow Insight

Your issue is probably related to that the material has shrinkage data, and CRIMS coeffcients.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for your fast answer, that helped me a lot!

Playing around with the coefficients of the fiber orientation models, I found out that in case of using the ARD-RSC-model, setting the reduced strain closure factor = 1, b1=Ci (Folgar Tucker), and b2=b3=b4=b5=0, I do not get the same results than in case of using the Folgar-Tucker model. Concerning the Modlflow help and the paper of Phleps and Tucker about the ARD-RSC-Model, setting the paramters of the ARD-Model the way described above should result in equal fiber orientations for both fiber orientation models.

Is there any explatation for this behaviour of the simulation?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report