Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CURVES NOT CONNECTING

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ben_mendenhall
567 Views, 1 Reply

CURVES NOT CONNECTING

When I go to make a runner layout in moldflow, some of the curves are not connecting. When I go to mesh the curves, I do a preview and some of the nodes are red (the color I made them) and the preview nodes are purple. When I zoom in to see what the issue is, I notice that the curves are not attached to the nodes and this doesn't allow material to get to the part. Is anyone else having this issue and is there a way to fix it? I am using 3D and I never used to have this issue in duel domain.

See attached pictures for reference.

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
KaindlJ
in reply to: ben_mendenhall

Ben, This is normal. What is happening is that the red nodes in your diagram are actually duplicated and overlapping, or they may be offset by a very small amount.

When this happens you should generate the mesh first. You can then merge the nodes manually or with the global merge command set to an extremely small value (like .0001 mm). Now, the beam elements will be connected. Curves do not need to connect with one another like in a CAD software, the only thing the solver "sees" is the beam elements. I have found it to be a best practice to check all runner system intersections like this and just run over them with the merge nodes command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report