Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic shrinkage compensation corrupted

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JayMuller
723 Views, 3 Replies

Automatic shrinkage compensation corrupted

Dear All,

Have you ever wondered why Moldflow isn´t showing any value inside the deflection plot when trying "automatic" in the  shrinkage compensation?

The support is still searching, but I worked it out before. The problem is very very deep inside the standard procedure of simulating a model.

Second stage:

you get changed data and should run the sim again BUT you have to put in your last injection location by coordinates because the mesh is new.

Then you are doing the following...create a node by coordinates and then merge the next node of your mesh onto the injection point.

Then mesh 3D.

NOW YOU GOT IT - around this node your mesh now is permanently corrupted for automatic shrinkage compensation in 3D Warp.

You will receive the following values for x y z

Sometimes  0 0 0

Sometimes 0 0 0.021

and so on.

Nothing anyone could work with.

Still waiting for an support answer...it is 10 days now (took me 3 days to find out)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nordhb
in reply to: JayMuller

Hi Jay,

read your post, and it is quite an interesting workaround you suggest for the issue you have of shrinkage compensation showing 0.

I have not been able to repeat what you see. Not sure that this is related to mesh as such right now.

Right, I replied at thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Simulation-Moldflow-Insight/Shrinkage-compensation/td-p/4757189

"If shrinkage compensation shows 0 it means no shrinkage compensation is needed.
Most likely there is an expansion here, that causes shrinkage to be positive.
If positive, no compensation needed and value set to 0.

If you review deflection plot, maybe a scale factor, for each axis and so on, maybe you can see if your part is more likely to have an expansion than a shrinkage.

If there is an expansion, try to modify process settings.

For example: Is the packing pressure level and time reasonable, or too low/short creating volumetric shrinkage differences, creating too large warp, that will be an expansion in size in the different axis?"

What happens with your original study, if you change process settings?

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 4
JayMuller
in reply to: nordhb

I will make an equal non confidential part in CAD and will attach the analysis files zipped.

Then you can see the difference.

Regards,

JAY

Message 4 of 4
nordhb
in reply to: JayMuller

Hi Jay,

right an example where this can be repeated would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report