Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis Server is Terminated...

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
benegoodman
1264 Views, 15 Replies

Analysis Server is Terminated...

When using Mold Flow Analysis or Select Material in Mold Design, I get an error: "The Moldflow analysis server is terminated..." I have already read the community forums that dealt with this issue but seems like I need a new MITSI.EXE file from Autodesk Support.  But "Autodesk Support" if you can call it that instructed me to post my issue here.  

Inventor Proffesional 2013

Do Not have Sim360 Mold Flow installed like linked reference.

Thanks for your help.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
zhangchar
in reply to: benegoodman

Mitsi.exe is installed together with Inventor. Could you try to close current opened ipt or asm file, then open a different file to try again?  Sometimes Moldflow analysis server stoped running due to bad mesh.  If you also have Moldflow Insight installed, you could try to import the same CAD file into Insight to see if you can run analysis using Insight.

Regards,

Charlie

Message 3 of 16
benegoodman
in reply to: zhangchar

Charlie, 

Unfortunately no, restarting Inventor and opening a different mold assembly results in the same issue.  Also I do not have Moldflow Insight installed. 

Thanks, 
Ben

Message 4 of 16
zhangchar

Hi Ben,

Could you try the following steps?

1) create an new assembly

2) open .ipt file

3) From open simulation page and select a plastic material

4) set an injection location

5) set process conditions

6) run analysis

Could you let me at which step you get "Moldflow Server is terminated" message?

Thanks,

Charlie

Message 5 of 16
benegoodman

Charlie, 

It is failing at step 3.  After loading the .ipt and clicking "Select Material" under the Mold Layout tab in the ribbon I get the error message.  It will allow me to do everything else including steps 4 and 5 but not Select Material or Mold Fill Analysis.

Thanks, 

Ben

Message 6 of 16
zhangchar

Hi Ben,

Thanks for going through diagnostic steps, it indicates that it's permission issue which causes Moldflow server is not able to started.  Here are steps you can follow to set it up correctly, please find attached document and follow the steps to set it up correctly. I prepared this document a few years ago to help other customers who had the same issue ( I changed release version to 2015 inside doc).

Regards,

Charlie

Message 7 of 16
benegoodman

Charlie, 

I followed the steps in your document and it looks like DCOM Local Security Policy was already set to allow "Local Launch" and "Local Activation" I enable "Remote Launch" and "Remote Activation" just for good measure as well.  Then looking at DCOM Config in Component Services there is no mention of anything named mitsi.  Checking again then restarting computer and inventor (following your previous diagnostic procedure) results in the same, no mention of mitsi in Component Services.  

Thanks for your help, let me know if you can think of anything else. I would appreciate it.

--

Ben 

Message 8 of 16
zhangchar

Hi Ben,

Sorry for any inconvenience. From your investigation it looks like MITSI (short name for Moldflow Invenotr Tooling System Ingetration) wasn't installed properly on your PC.   If Inventor was installed at C: drive, could you check if "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Moldflow" and its subfolders exist?

Thanks,

Charlie

mitsi_location.JPG

Message 9 of 16
benegoodman

Charlie, 

Yes, that folder seems to exist, with subfolders.

Screenshot 2014-06-12 15.13.34.png

Message 10 of 16
zhangchar

Hi Ben,

Based on that "DCOM Config in Component Services there is no mention of anything named mitsi", it indicates MITSI wan't installed correctly. Looks like you are using Inventor 2013 on your PC. Could you attach these files "Inventor2013Install.log" and "Autodesk Inventor 2013 Setup.log" from %temp% folder? I could check if there is any errors logged during installation, the last resort would be uninstall Inventor and re-install it again.  misti2013.synergy has to be appear under Component Services list. 

Regards, 

Charlie

Message 11 of 16
mayur_dhumal

Hi Ben,

MITSI folder will find under :

".......\ Inventor 20xx \ Moldflow \ data \ buildinfo \ mitsi.txt"

.......\ Inventor 20xx \ Moldflow \ data \ mitsi.lic"

".....\ Inventor 20xx \ Moldflow \ bin \ mitsijm.exe"
".....\ Inventor 20xx \ Moldflow \ bin \ mitsi.exe"

Please confirm.

Regards,
Mayur

Message 12 of 16
benegoodman

Charlie, 

It looks like a folder named "MITSI 2013 Temporary Files" exists in Temp, but it is empty.  Is there another place those files might exist?

Thanks, 

Ben 

Message 13 of 16
benegoodman
in reply to: mayur_dhumal

Mayur,
All of those files exist except for mitsi.txt in \buildinfo\. This folder is absent from ".......\ Inventor 20xx \ Moldflow \ data"
Message 14 of 16
zhangchar

Hi Ben,

I don't have a copy of Inventor 2013 at hand, temp folder location may different between 2013 and 2015.  From what you found, it strongly suggests that you have some installation issues, mitsi2013.synergy has to appear under dcomcnfg.exe's  "Component Services\Computers\My Computer\DCOM Config" list.  Could you try to uninstall Inventor 2013 and reinstall it again?

Thanks,

Charlie

Message 15 of 16
benegoodman

Ok, thanks Charlie. I will have my IT department re-install Inventor and let you know if the problem persists.
I appreciate your help.
Ben

Message 16 of 16
zhangchar

Sorry for the inconvenience, please let me know the outcome. 

Charlie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report