Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Orientation Problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
edguy2112
565 Views, 3 Replies

A Orientation Problem.

Hi!

Well, i have a problem with the orientation of a basket, meshed in midplane. Initially, i resolved a problem with free edges, in the internal section of a the part (i post this in other thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Simulation-Moldflow/Free-Edges-and-Non-Manifold-Edges-Results... ), reaching decrease the  not oriented elemets. Next, a decrease more the not oriented element with the orientation tool, following the recomendations of program help, ergo, consistently orienting. I reach a final number of 32 not oriented triangules of 51158.

My questions,

1. I do know how i can reduce the number to zero. It`s possible can`t reach zero for certain geometries?

2.  It`s  possible run the analysis with this numbers? what drowbacks could be? these 32 elemets can be negligible?

Here, a leave a Orientation Diagnostic Diplay, text, and the Mesh Statistics of the part.

Thanks!

Mata.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
edguy2112
in reply to: edguy2112

Sorry, a last question, ¿how i should orient the ribs?

Message 3 of 4
HugoHerrera7042
in reply to: edguy2112

What I would do, since it is a midplane mesh and the ribs are located on one side of the mold, is to put all those rib elements on a different layer, select them and with the right mouse click go into properties, and on Mold Properties, assign the Top AND Bottom sections accordingly to where they belong in the real life parts.(cavity or core).

Orientation should be zero for Dual domain meshes, but for midplane due to the ribs nature, I don't think you can reduce this variable to zero, but manage the elements correctly, that's all you can do.

Hope it helps, Good luck!

Hugo Herrera

Message 4 of 4
edguy2112
in reply to: HugoHerrera7042

• Thank you very much!. your tips have been helpful!

Regards!

Mata

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums