Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D mesh

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mholka
1046 Views, 3 Replies

3D mesh

Hello everybody,

Have you any experience with Bias ratio function? ( in 3D meshing: Tetra Advance - Bias ratio )

I have a big different results if I use function bias ratio 1.5 or use even distrubution without biasing. The differnet is about 18MPa in filling pressure ( example in the attachment ). The process conditions are the same.

Which kind of 3D meshing is accurate?

In another studies ( parts ) the different in filling pressure is more than 50MPa.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
madhukeshwart
in reply to: mholka

bias option is not meant for general analysis...

It should be used for gas assisted simulation.
Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 3 of 4
ashwinkumarnr
in reply to: mholka

Hi mholka,

I remember sometime reasding in the moldflow help, that, if you want to exactly predict the shear heating within the thickness, it is recommended to have bias ratio more than one. By doing this there will be more nodes close to the surfaces of the part, which will help in capturing shear heating occuring between the frozen layers and the molten plastic while flowing.

Similarly we will be giving bias ratio less than one when we are looking at defects like jetting in the part, as there will be more nodes towards  the center of the part.

Regards,

Ashwin

Message 4 of 4
mholka
in reply to: ashwinkumarnr

Thanks for yours answers.

I never used used bias ratio in meshing 3D...but our customer made analysis in competitor. The results of competitor are very different that our results, mainly pressure results ( different results about 50%, our pressure 60Mpa - competitor 125Mpa ). Both analysis are in 3Dmesh, conditions ( material, temperatures...are the same). But competitor use Moldex3D and BLM function in 3D meshing ( boundary laeyr mesh - similar function as bias ratio in Moldflow ).

If I use bias ratio 1.5 my pressure result growth from 60 Mpa to 115Mpa ( similar result as competitor ). Now, we don' t know which pressure result will be correct in reality.

So my question: Is suitable use bias ratio in 3D meshing for accurate pressure results?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report