cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lock node number for trigger node of valve gates or change trigger node routine

lock node number for trigger node of valve gates or change trigger node routine

hi

when defining a sequential gating and the valve gates are controlled by flow front and trigger nodes and the user is changing f.e. a location of a injection location AND is using "global merge" the nodes are renumbered.

afterwards all the triggernodes have  to be defined completely new.

when simulating big parts with lots of injection locations this can be annoying.
or the filling behaves in a unexpected way because the triggernodes have changed. when simulation time is very long this is recognised to late.

solution 1.: lock the trigger node numbering. so the trigger node keep their number, even when all nodes are renumbered

solution 2: highlite the triggernode location by f.e. an clearly visible arrow

solution 3: change the way to define triggernodes or triggerlocations.
at the moment the user has to "remember" the trigger node. then swich to the property of the valve gate or change to the  valve gate timing tab and enter the trigger node.

this could be more comfortable. like f.e. after highliting a node and rightclick, a menue could appear and the user could define "define this node for valve gate XY"

5 Comments
M.Brassel
Advocate

solution 4: while renumbering give a hint on which trigger nodes are affected and have changed IDs

I would like to see solution 3, because it makes the process of valve gate definition much easier. Changing the trigger node would be easier, too.

I'd also like the highlighted trigger position (like inlets and injection cones are).

raalteh
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

raalteh
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support
Fair request. Not trivial. But in general I agree that this is currently not ideal. This would probably require some significant re-architecting. But the request is fair
raalteh
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

raalteh
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report