cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

layer functionalities

layer functionalities

1. if you point on a element, the corresponding layer could light up

2. the other way round, if you point on a layer, the corrensponding elements could light up

3. in the layers window there could be a additional column for the colour per elementtype

6 Comments
PeteMaxfield
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review
We are working on (1) and (2) and have prototypes. Please join our Beta program (beta.autodesk.com; User Research) to have an early look and provide feedback.
mayur_dhumal
Advocate

Definately both 2 options will give delight, but why we need 'colour per element type'?

Regards,

Mayur

timotheusruf
Advocate

hi mayur

of course i cant tell for others and their tolerance for delightness but  it would give me delight certainly, because i use this existing but complicated feature quite often. it is accesible by right click on the layer, then choosing properties, and in the properties you have to switch to "appearance" and in the appearance tab you have to change the element type and then the colour.

this is complicated.

as in other pre and postprocessors this is solved by little colour squares next to the layer. to change the colour, click on the square and choose a colour/ elementtype. this is easy and comfortable and i would like to see this in moldflow

(for example in cooling analysis where i use very lot of layers with different channels and i want to define different colours per layer and  beam elements.  but not for the nodes on the same layer, because you cant see them anymore when they have the same colour as the elements > therefore i want to change the colour for the beams and the nodes on the same layer differently but easy)

Regards

timotheus

mayur_dhumal
Advocate

Hi Timotheus,

Pardon me! at first place I didn't understand you were focusing on beams/ Cooling channels, I thought you were asking about trias/tetras.

Yes defiinitely, To seggregate the different cooling channels i have faced the similar problems, the present process is more manual/time consuming, it should have more robustness in it. Yes, your idea is good to have color icon provided infront of each layer to On/Off.

Kudos!

Regards,

Mayur

raalteh
Community Manager

Hi Timo,

I suggest you try the 2016 beta in a few weeks. A colog switch is not implemented there though.

raalteh
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in Moldflow 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report